Friday, July 31, 2026

bell tower


 

“Lexi! What are you doing up there?  Get down here, right now!”


“Just a minute!” I shouted back at Tavo, not bothering to look back because I was in the middle of taking a long exposure shot of the bell with the town behind.  


“You’re not allowed in the bell tower!  How did you get in there anyway?”


“The door was unlocked!”


I heard him grumble something as I checked out my shot, wanting to move the angle just slightly…


“I said get down here, now!  Don’t make me come up there and get you.”


Tavo had no idea how much I actually wanted him to do that.  Nearly 2 weeks in San Pancracio, not a single spanking despite my best efforts.  I was hoping tonight could change that.  It’s the reason I snuck into the church bell tower at the exact moment Tavo would be on patrol.  It’s the reason I refused to come down right away.  Though he was getting pretty frustrated down there, I could hear him pacing back and forth, wondering if he should come up.


I tilted the camera and lowered it slightly, getting another shot.


“Okay, that’s it, I’m coming up.”  


Uh oh.  My tummy started knotting up and heart racing.  Even though I’d been waiting for this moment, I was maybe slightly regretting it.  But too far gone at this point… especially as I heard Tavo’s footsteps getting closer.  Time to pack up!


I gathered my shit and sprinted down the stairs, just in time for Tavo to open the door and scold me.  “Careful!  Those stairs are ancient and you’re not allowed up there.  That’s why there’s a rope here!”


I hopped off the last step, eyeing him as I easily climbed over the rope.  “Oh, I didn’t know that’s what it meant.”


“Are you kidding?  You knew not to break into a church bell tower.  Don’t try that bullshit with me.”


I gave him a gigantic eye roll.  “Relax, nobody got hurt.”


He huffed out of his nose, barely containing his frustration with me.  “You know what…” he began, reaching for my arm and turning me around.  “You’re under arrest.  We’ll see what the…”


“Primo!” We both turned to see Mateo walking towards us.  “What’s going on.”  He didn’t ask it like a question.  It was just a flat statement as he arrived at our side.


Tavo gave his dramatic rendition of the events, which I tried to cut in, but Mateo raised his eyebrows in such a manner that I knew meant for me to shut up.  He didn’t have to say anything.  I just shut up.



No comments:

Post a Comment